Naomi Osaka is a right-handed tennis player who is famous for being the first Japanese to win a Tennis Grand Slam title (US Open Winner in 2018). In the 2018 US Open, she won by defeating her idol, Serena Williams. So, to get influenced by his achievements you need to read further with us.
Naomi holds 2 nationalities– American and Japanese. Naomi was born on 16 October 1997 (age- 21 years; as in 2018), in Chūō-ku, Osaka, Japan. However, her hometown is Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA. She is a high school graduate, and her schooling has been from New York and Florida. A Christian by religion, her ethnicity is Haitian from her father’s side and Japanese from her mother’s side.
Naomi’s has a small close knit family, Father– Leonard Maxime Francois, Mother– Tamaki Osaka, and Sister– Mari Osaka (Elder, Tennis Player).
Naomi Osaka with her parents and sister
She grew up in a multicultural house; as her mother was born in Japan, and her father was born in Haiti.
Naomi is a right-handed player who has been coached by Patrick Trauma, Harold Solomon, David Taylor, and Sascha Bajin. She turned pro in September 2013.
- The turning point in her career was 2014 Bank of the West Classic.
Naomi Osaka Bank West Classic Day
- Her favorite shot is Forehand.
- She was the WTA Newcomer of the Year in 2016.
Osaka- WTA Newcomer of the year
- She was also the 1st Japanese to win a Grand Slam title.
Naomi has an athletic build, weighing 70 kg and is 5′ 11″ tall. Her eye color is black, and the hair color is brown.
- Her favorite destination is Tokyo.
Naomi(right) and Serena (left)
- Naomi likes to play on Grass court.
Naomi playing on a grass court
- Her favorite coach is Richard Williams.
- Being Japanese, Naomi is fond of eating Sushi.
- She loves listening to Beyonce, Amanda Palmer, Hikaru Utada.
- Naomi’s favorite film is Planet of Apes.
- Open by Andre Agassi, is one of her favorite books.
- Naomi’s Net worth(approx ) $4 million (as in 2018).
- Naomi was 3 years old when her parents moved from Japan to New York; following their family disputes. Later, they settled down in Florida.
- Naomi and her sister use their mother’s surname instead of their father’s; because when they were in Japan, their “Osaka” surname made it easier for them to get admission in schools and get rented houses.
Naomi Osaka’s childhood photo with her sister
- Despite living in the U.S. since the age of 3, she represents Japan.
- The Osaka sisters began practicing tennis at a young age under the guidance of their father, and later, they started getting professional training at the ProWorld Tennis Academy in Delray, Florida. Though her father wanted his daughters to play professional tennis under the United States Tennis Association, the lack of interest of the association in his daughters forced/compelled him to register his daughters with the Japanese Tennis Association.
- Whenever she gets time, she does philanthropic works, especially in Haiti.
- Naomi loves dogs and has a dog named Panda.
Naomi Osaka, a dog lover.
Content retrieved from: https://wikibio.in/naomi-osaka/.